In this article let's see how you can add your own teacher account to a class and see Proto from a student's perspective with the same login you use as a teacher.
To do this, go to Teachers Toolkit and locate the class you want to be a student in. Then:
- Go to the Roster tab for your class
- Click "edit" down in the bottom right
- Above the list of students, click the word "filter"
- Check the box for "include instructors"
- Enter your name in the "Search for" box
- You should see your teacher account (denoted with an apple icon behind the i")
- Add that person to your class
- Click "save and finish"
Now when you log out and log back in, you’ll see Proto in addition to Teachers Toolkit. Click the Proto button and you’ll see the view of a student in the class you chose.
(Note, for my test teacher, I have to scroll down to see the Proto button. It looks like this on MyCL:)